Academic Digital Library (ABC) is a library service located at www.abc.uw.edu.pl, which collects electronic versions of various materials. Library resources, in addition to studies prepared by volunteers and employees of the Office for Persons with Disabilities UW, are enriched by partner universities that prepare materials for their disabled students. Library collections are divided into three categories: “Books”, “Magazines” and “Other Documents”, which can be outlines, presentations, and various non-book or magazine publications. At present the library counts several thousand collections and their number is systematically increasing. We provide the access to ABC for partner schools’ students. These are (August, 2016):
- Uniwersytet Adama Mickiewicza,
- Uniwersytet Jagielloński,
- Uniwersytet Przyrodniczo-Humanistyczny w Siedlcach,
- Wyższa Szkoła Psychologii Społecznej,
- Uniwersytet Jana Kochanowskiego w Kielcach,
- Krakowska Akademia im. Andrzeja Frycza Modrzewskiego,
- Uniwersytet Marii Curie Skłodowskiej w Lublinie,
- Uniwersytet Warmińsko-Mazurski,
- Uniwersytet Kazimierza Wielkiego w Bydgoszczy,
- Akademia Muzyczna im. S. Moniuszki w Gdańsku,
- Akademia Pomorska w Słupsku,
- Uczelnia Łazarskiego.
- Information for users/readers
Information for colleges interested in participating in ABC
Any college that would like their students who are blind, visually impaired and with other disabilities who cannot read the prints in a black-and-print format, have access to the ABC collections, may join this project by signing a contract and cooperate as a partner school. It is possible to use the resources collected by other universities as well as to share materials adapted for the needs of their own students. Please contact the Office for Persons with Disabilities UW (BON UW) via email address: email@example.com, which is responsible for the technical functioning of the site and which is its administrator.